Monday, March 21, 2011

Easter Decorations - Pastel Flower Topiary Tree


Here is the start of my Easter decorations. I made some streamer flowers (click HERE for the tutorial)
 which I made custom pastel/Easter colored flowers by inking the streamers. I attached each flower on to a toothpick, then I inserted the flowers here and there on a moss covered styrofoam ball. I custom colored the lace on the dowel by inking cream colored lace with the same blue that used to make my streamer flowers blue. Here is a close up picture....


I made smaller flowers out of brown paper tissue. This was tissue that a $ store used to wrap some breakables I bought. I cut strips about an inch wide and 12 inches long and used the same technique to make them as the streamer flowers. They turned out really good. Now I am off to make a second one.

Thanks for looking!


10 comments:

  1. What a pretty topiary! I love how "springy" it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a darling Spring tree. Thanks for joining my newbie party. Nice to meet you. I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya visiting from debbies newbie party x gorgeous tree x tfs hope to see you over at mine soon
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks very pretty and spring like. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for coming by everyone and for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Perfect for spring! Thank you for linking up at Ten Buck Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay -- I'm inspired now to get my Easter decorations out and add this to my list of things to make! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete