Friday, April 1, 2011

Chicken in a Hurry - Crock Pot Dinner


I have been looking for good crock pot / slow cooker recipes and this is one that will be one of my regulars because it is very easy and very tasty. Cook up some rice on the side and you have - Chicken  in a hurry - well, sort of because it is cooked slow.

*TIP* you probably already know this but JUST in case you don't - chicken skins are super easy to take off when you use paper towel to grab them.

Here is the recipe....

Chicken in a Hurry
2 1/2 - 3 lbs skinless chicken drumsticks

1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1.25 oz envelope dry onion soup mix
-----------------------------------------------
1. Arrange chicken in slow cooker.   
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or cook on high 1 hour and then low 5-6 hours.
Here is the recipe card...
Linking up to....



Iron Violet Designs
HouseofHepworths











7 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I love using my crock pot and needed some new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! Thanks for visiting my blog! : ) This is great; I have been looking for recipes for my crockpot, too. Truth be told, I'm getting a little tired of only using it to make chili! I've been looking for a chicken recipe, too, and this seems perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really looks good and we can never have enough chicken and a crockpot recipes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to break out the crock pot!! This glaze looks delicious! If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up! Oh, and I found you on Tatertots and Jello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great-thanks for sharing! I needed a new chicken recipe. I found you on Tatertots and Jello too... I'm your newest follower!
    xo,
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom and me are gonna make this tonight. If it works fine than I would like to be your follower. I already have my mouth watering watching it's photo.
    -Slow Cooker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments everyone. Let me know what you think when you make it. Mine was definitely delicious!

    ReplyDelete