Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cutting Board Makeover


Hello! Welcome to my blog!
I have a glass cutting board that has been screaming for a while now for me to do some sort of makeover to it. It used to have a black backing that wore out so I removed it. 
I found some awesome wrapping paper at Winners/Homesense.


 I love old newsprint!
So.... I cut the paper the size of the cutting board. I colored in a few red areas on the paper to go with the red accessories in my kitchen. Then I mod podged the paper to the cutting board. I did a few coats
of Mod Podge as it is a cutting board that I do wash and it always sits on my counter so it needs to be water proof. When everything was dry I took an exacto knife and cut the edges of the paper that were too large for the board. I added Mod Podge to those cut parts to seal the edges.

It has been a week now since I have made the cutting board. I was not sure how it would hold up - this was definitely a "try"al. So far so good. Keep in mind - I do not submerse it in water - but I do put it over my sink and wash it with a very wet cloth, striving not to get the back wet. 



I absolutely love the new look!
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to....

Lil\'Luna

2 comments:

  1. How cute! And it sounds like it was easy enough that if it does wear out, you could easily replace the paper and give it a whole new look again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sue,
    I saw the name of your blog on a friends blog-list and I had to come visit and check it out. Well, the name brought me here, but your warm heart and creativity is keeping me. I am your newest follower, and I would love to take this opportunity to invite you over to visit and hopefully follow me back.
    Have a lovely day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete